[EDLING:2252] CFP: Qatar TESOL Conference

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Tue Jan 16 16:53:17 UTC 2007

http://www.qatartesol.org/call.html

Qatar TESOL Second International Conference: April 13-14th, 2007

Duhail, Doha

Call for Papers - Deadline extended to 1 February 2007

Conference Theme and Topics of Interest
The theme for the second annual Qatar TESOL 2007 conference is Challenges and
Solutions in ELT. Proposals which apply this theme to the context of the
classroom of the Gulf are welcome.

Many changes are taking place in education in the region, and educational
reforms are being implemented. Government policy is looking tothe future, model
schools are opening, and ELT professionals are working in a changing
environment. How are we meeting these challenges? What solutions are we finding
in our own teaching situations? How are students responding to these solutions?
Is learning improving? What techniques, methods, materials and activities best
meet the needs of students? The Qatar TESOL Conference committee is looking for
proposals which offer innovative answers to these questions.

Presenters
Presenting at QatarTESOL is not just for well-known professionals, but a way
for all of us to take an active role in our teaching community, ask important
questions, share our knowledge, and learn from the experience of others.
Teachers and administrators from the following areas are invited to present:

Primary schools
Secondary schools
Independent schools
University / College preparatory/foundation programs
Adult education institutions
Types of Proposals
Qatar TESOL invites proposals for papers, demonstrations, workshops, poster
sessions, and roundtable discussions. When submitting your proposal, consider
which of the categories below it would fit into:

- Young learners / Elementary
- Reading
- CALL  - Writing
- Cross-cultural Education