[EDLING:2273] Austrians pay a premium for native English speakers

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Sun Jan 21 16:47:52 UTC 2007

Telegraph.co.uk

Austrians pay a premium for native English speakers

Here in Austria nobody bats an eyelid when they see I have a degree from a
redbrick university that has a good reputation at home and abroad. Nor do they
care that I studied languages. Nor does translating my CV and adapting it to
the local style seem necessary. If I want prospective employers to look at me
twice I reveal my greatest talent – that my mother tongue is English.

Full story
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jhtml?
xml=/global/2007/01/19/expatvienna1.xml