[EDLING:2292] Traditional Foreign Language Teaching Loses Students

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jan 25 15:43:46 UTC 2007

Newswise

Traditional Foreign Language Teaching Loses Students

Newswise — “I studied Spanish for four years, but I can’t speak a word of it.”

It’s a phrase all too common to university students who have attempted to
master fluency in a foreign language, said Andrew Farley, associate professor
of applied linguistics at Texas Tech University. And that’s largely the fault
of the way foreign language currently is taught.

Full story
http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/526789/