[EDLING:224] New Zealand: Celebrating Excellence In Tertiary Teaching

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Thu Jun 14 17:31:03 UTC 2007

Scoop

Celebrating Excellence In Tertiary Teaching

The country's top tertiary teachers have been recognised at a ceremony at
Parliament tonight, hosted by Minister for Tertiary Education, Dr Michael
Cullen.

"It's always a pleasure to recognise the very best in our tertiary sector,"
said Dr Cullen. "Excellent teachers inspire students to achieve their best.
They make a vital contribution to our efforts to raise the quality of tertiary
education across the sector."

The awards recognise excellence in tertiary teaching, with 10 educators
receiving the Tertiary Teaching Excellence Award (TTEA) for Sustained
Excellence of $20,000 each.

Selena Chan, Principal Academic Staff Member at Christchurch Polytechnic,
received the evening's highest honour, the Prime Minister's Supreme Tertiary
Teaching Excellence Award. She receives a total of $30,000.

Full story:
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/ED0706/S00047.htm