[EDLING:372] US: Senator Harry Reid Statement on Funding Cuts for Nevada's English Language Learner Program

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Thu Sep 13 16:06:53 UTC 2007

All American Patriots

US: Senator Harry Reid Statement on Funding Cuts for Nevada's English Language
Learner Program

“I was very disappointed to learn about the Department of Education’s reduction
to Nevada’s funding allocation for students learning English. We need to make
sure that Nevada has the resources it needs for those who want to learn
English. The beauty of our country is that anyone from anywhere, regardless of
the color of their skin or native language can become successful. One of the
most fundamental building blocks for success includes mastery of the English
language. Cutting funds works against that very principle...

Full text:
http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/48731928_nevada_senator_harry_reid_statement_
funding_cuts_nevadas_english_language_learner_program