Utica scores $1.5M grant for Chinese language program

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Mon Aug 4 18:33:21 UTC 2008

Macomb Daily

Utica scores $1.5M grant for Chinese language program

East will meet west in Utica Community Schools classrooms after the district was awarded a $1.5 million federal grant to establish a Mandarin Chinese language program.

Utica is one of just eight districts in the country to receive a Foreign Language Assistance Program grant.

"We are thrilled with the aspect of providing instruction in Mandarin Chinese to our students," said Utica Superintendent Christine Johns in a news release announcing the grant.

Full story:

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/080308/loc_local04.shtml