Kenya Ministry of Education to Use ePals to Connect Kenyan Schools Worldwide

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Wed Jul 16 19:30:34 UTC 2008

PR Newswire

Kenya Ministry of Education to Use ePals to Connect Kenyan Schools Worldwide

- ePals to provide Kenyan classrooms with the largest social network for meaningful learning

The Kenyan Ministry of Education will provide the opportunity for their students and educators to safely connect with schools around the world through ePals (http://www.epals.com), the largest and fastest growing global network for meaningful learning. Leveraging the safe, protected and collaborative learning and e-mentoring tools available through ePals, Kenyan students and educators can connect with classrooms in 200 countries and territories, conducting cross-cultural exchanges, language learning practice, and project-based collaboration to build the 21st century skills necessary to succeed in a global economy.

"We've watched the impact some of our schools are having using ePals and feel it is critical we empower all our educators and students to collaborate with peers around the world," said Barnabas Sang, Head of ICT for the Kenyan Ministry of Education. "ePals offers a large and diverse online learning community, a safe environment and a set of collaborative learning activities and projects that are grounded in best practices for building 21st century skills. This enables our classrooms to make meaningful learning connections with other schools worldwide."

Full story:

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=232594