Texas: Instructor earns state's first Chinese teaching certificate

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Sat Jul 19 02:10:37 UTC 2008

The Courier of Montgomery County

Instructor earns state's first Chinese teaching certificate

A Lone Star College-Montgomery instructor is making history after becoming the first person in the state to receive certification to teach Chinese.

Yuying Liu, who will begin her second year as an adjunct professor at the college, received the certification from the Texas State Board for Educator Certification.

"I've always liked teaching Chinese," she said. "It's like a stamp on my resume."

As a native Chinese speaker, Liu can provide her students with more insight into the language and the culture.

Full story:

http://hcnonline.com/articles/2008/07/18/conroe_courier/news/liu0718.txt