Feedback on FLL/SLA book to appear welcome

Michal B. Paradowski Michal.Paradowski at UW.EDU.PL
Wed Jun 18 06:42:42 UTC 2008

Good morning,

Following the acceptance for publication of a book proposal on the L1/L2
interface in foreign language learning and teaching, I would like to take
the opportunity of turning to the Linguistic Community with a feedback
request. With it being the author's first book, and especially given the
somewhat limited availability of relevant literature in the accessible
national and university libraries, I would be extremely grateful for any
commentary, judgment, polemics, or bibliographical suggestions that may lead
to a revision of the ultimate manuscript.
A chapter by chapter breakdown of the contents is available at
http://www.ils.uw.edu.pl/fileadmin/users/m_b_paradowski/ToC.txt ; should
anything there happen to be of interest to the Reader of these words, I will
be more than happy to send over the relevant sections (the whole work as
.pdf weighs 2.18 MB).

With the best regards,

Michał B. Paradowski
Institute of Applied Linguistics,
University of Warsaw

concise ToC:

PROLEGOMENA
CHAPTER 1. KEY TERMS
CHAPTER 2. THE ROLE OF GRAMMAR & FORMAL INSTRUCTION IN LANGUAGE LEARNING
CHAPTER 3. DEFINING PEDAGOGICAL GRAMMAR
CHAPTER 4. THE LANGUAGE INTERFACE MODEL - UTILISING LANGUAGE TRANSFER AND
LEARNERS' COGNITIVE CAPACITIES
CHAPTER 5. RESEARCH AIMS, DESIGN AND ADMINISTRATION
CHAPTER 6. RESULTS
DISCUSSION, PEDAGOGICAL IMPLICATIONS, AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FUTURE
RESEARCH