Language Learning Game

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Mon May 5 19:44:23 UTC 2008

Press of Atlantic City

Rowan students act as if learning foreign language just a game

Egg Harbor Township residents Justine Nguyen and Daniel Ballard did more than study in their New Venture Development class at Rowan University. They also developed a new venture that won them first place and $5,000 in a competition at the school.

The two developed a board game called Linguilistics, which helps teach children a second language.

"We knew we wanted to do something that was educational but also fun," Ballard said.

"So many children are studying a language now in elementary school," Nguyen said.

They did some research and found there weren't a lot of language games geared toward young learners. They designed the board and developed a game in which students roll dice and collect flash cards with questions on them in both Spanish and English.

Full story:

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/164/story/149963.html