CFP: Writing Development: Cognitive, Sociocultural, Linguistic Perspectives

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Sun Nov 30 15:16:58 UTC 2008

JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN READING:  CALL FOR PAPERS

Writing Development:
Cognitive, Sociocultural, Linguistic Perspectives

Special Issue 2010
Editors

Professor Debra Myhill, School of Education and Lifelong Learning, University of Exeter
D.A.Myhill at ex.ac.uk

and

Dr Ros Fisher, School of Education and Lifelong Learning,
University of Exeter
R.J.Fisher at ex.ac.uk

The Journal of Research in Reading is planning a special issue on writing development, scheduled for publication in 2010.

We invite submission of original articles which explore and investigate issues of writing development.  We are interested in writing development across all ages, from learning to write in the Early Years to development in post compulsory or other adult contexts, and we are keen to publish research drawing on L1 and L2 contexts.  The Special Issue will draw together a set of articles which reflect the different disciplinary lenses through which writing development is currently viewed and accordingly we encourage submissions from cognitive, linguistic and socio-cultural traditions.

All papers will be subject to the journal's peer review process.

The deadline for submission of papers is 31st March 2009.

For further information, please contact either of the editors or go to www.jrir.org

Professor Debra Myhill
Head of School of Education and Lifelong Learning
University of Exeter
Heavitree Rd
Exeter, UK
EX1 2LU

e-mail D.A.Myhill at Exeter.ac.uk
Tel (01392) 264767

Times Higher University of the Year 2007-08