Malaysia: Online resources for learning English to be opened to all students in public colleges

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Wed Sep 17 21:31:18 UTC 2008

New Straits Times

Online resources for learning English to be opened to all students in public colleges

The Online Resources for Learning in English (MyLinE), initiated by Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) two years ago, will be open for use to all students in public institutions of higher learning (IPTAs), beginning today.

Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the programme highlighted the benefits of collaboration among universities, besides representing the right response to the use of technology for teaching and learning.

"We would like to see the best practices in IPTAs. We will expand programmes or technologies from any university to be shared by other universities to prevent them from developing a new programme which has been initiated by others," he said after launching the MyLinE portal at UTM city campus here today.

MyLinE, which was first introduced to semester 1 UTM students in 2006/2007, is a self-access learning resource to enhance English language communication skills among students at tertiary level.

Full story:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Tuesday/NewsBreak/20080916180312/Article/index_html