CFP: TALGS 2009 Announcement and Call for Papers9-16-08

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Wed Sep 17 22:05:40 UTC 2008

Via AAAL...

     Dear Colleagues,

We would like to inform you about the upcoming TALGS (TESOL/Applied Linguistic Graduate Students) conference at East Carolina University. Organized by the Linguistics and TESOL graduate students and faculty, TALGS is aimed at providing a serious yet relaxed environment for graduate students and professionals working in a variety of applied linguistics fields and TESL/TEFL to present their work and receive feedback.

This year's plenary speaker will be a distinguished TESOL scholar and educator, Dr. Jodi Crandall of University of Maryland-Baltimore County, with a presentation entitled, Sharing Our Expertise: Working with Mainstream Teachers, and a discussion session on TESOL Standards.

We encourage submissions from a variety of fields that can contribute to an understanding of language use, language teaching and/or language learning. We welcome cross-disciplinary proposal submissions. For instance, proposals with relevance to language learning from the fields of sociolinguistics, sociology, education, foreign languages, and psychology will be considered. Proposals grounded in action research (inside and outside the classroom), works in progress, and pilot research are also welcome. Presentation proposals should be submitted via the conference website and received no later than December 7, 2008 (http://core.ecu.edu/engl/talgs/conference/proposal.htm <https://piratemail.ecu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://core.ecu.edu/engl/talgs/conference/proposal.htm> ). Conference pre-registration via the conference website ends January 18, 2009.

Please view the attached flyers and, if possible, share this information with your colleagues.

Sincerely,

The TALGS team

Contact us:

Graduate student organizers,