Three new Critical Languages Series DVD-ROM titles now available

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Thu Aug 6 21:59:57 UTC 2009

Via ILR-INFO...

Greetings,

The University of Arizona Critical Languages Program and the UA Computer
Assisted Language Instruction Group are pleased to announce the availability
of three new titles in the Critical Languages Series:

-Beginning Kurmanji Kurdish
-Intermediate Ukrainian
-Advanced Turkish

These classroom-tested, peer-reviewed DVD-ROMs contain video dialogs,
thousands of native speaker audio recordings, extensive footnotes, several
types of interactive exercises, and are equivalent to a one-year college
course.  The suggested retail price is $79.95, distributed by the University
of Arizona Press (1-800-426-3797).

These DVD-ROMs require a computer running Windows 2000/XP/Vista and were
developed using our MaxAuthor authoring system with funding from:  the US
Department of Education International Research and Studies Program, the
Office of the Dean of the University of Arizona College of Humanities, and
the National Association of Self-Instructional Language Programs.

We will present these new materials October 30-31 at the annual conference
of the National Association of Self-Instructional Language Programs in
Arlington, Virginia (see www.nasilp.net <http://www.nasilp.net/>  for more info).

Many thanks to our three authors, seven peer reviewers, eight native
speakers, eight production assistants and staff, 49 beta testers, and many
others who have made this project happen over the past three years; we
really appreciate your help!  For more information about the Critical
Languages Series, see http://clp.arizona.edu/cls/.

Regards,
The Critical Languages Series Team