An argument for the continued teaching of ASL to deaf children

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Mon Aug 31 19:50:43 UTC 2009

Examiner.com

An argument for the continued teaching of ASL to deaf children

Hi! I would like to share about the article written by Francois Grosjean who provided his perspective by researching Deaf children. The article mentioned that ASL should be the primary language of a Deaf child. Despite the use of various technological aids ( i.e. cochlear implants), sign language is mandatory period. Why? I will explain the reasons for you to think about it.

Full story:

http://www.examiner.com/x-18638-Adams-County-Special-Needs-Kids-Examiner~y2009m8d29-An-argument-for-the-continued-teaching-of-ASL-to-deaf-children