TIRF Doctoral Dissertation Grant

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Mon Feb 23 18:42:31 UTC 2009

www.tirfonline.org

The International Research Foundation for English Language Education (TIRF) welcomes Doctoral Dissertation Grant (DDG) proposals for 2009.  The deadline for submitting a proposal is May 1, 2009. For successful DDG proposals, US$5,000 is the maximum award. Full information about the requirements can be found at www.tirfonline.org.

The DDG funding is intended to support worthy applicants who have advanced to candidacy in their doctoral programs and whose dissertation research will address topics which TIRF has prioritized.

This year Doctoral Dissertation Grant (DDG) proposal applications will be considered on any of the following research priorities topics: (1) the age issue, (2) the proficiency of English language teachers, (3) technology in language learning and teaching, (4) effective grammar instruction, (5) bilingualism and plurilingualism in business and industry, and (6) language assessment. (We regret that we cannot fund research on other topics at this time.) For full details on what these topics encompass and for information about submitting applications, please visit TIRF's website: www.tirfonline.org.