CFP: AlterNative: An International Journal of Indigenous Peoples

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Thu Nov 5 16:29:09 UTC 2009

Via lgpolicy...

AlterNative: An International Journal of Indigenous Peoples

Call Deadline: 31-Dec-2009

AlterNative seeks papers in indigenous languages

The world is currently facing a crisis in the revitalisation of indigenous
languages. On average, every fortnight an indigenous language becomes
extinct as sole surviving speakers pass away or indigenous languages are
overwhelmed by those of a dominant culture. In line with this ethos,
AlterNative aims to publish one article in its original language per issue.

AlterNative: An International Journal of Indigenous Peoples is a
multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal which aims to present indigenous
views from native indigenous perspectives. We are dedicated to the
analysis and dissemination of indigenous knowledge that belongs to
cultural, traditional, tribal and aboriginal peoples, as well as first
nations, from around the world.

Papers should respond to one or more themes of the journal:

- Origins
- Place
- Peoples
- Community
- Culture
- Traditional and oral history
- Heritage
- Colonialism
- Power
- Intervention
- Development
- Self-determination

Submission and deadlines

Articles should be in an indigenous language and address the themes of the
journal. AlterNative primarily publishes substantive articles that address
a particular indigenous issue or theme. Each article should be accompanied
by a 100-150 word abstract in English.

Submissions received before 31 December 2009 will be considered for our
first general issue of 2010. However, we accept submissions throughout the
year via our online portal.

For more details, please visit our website: http://www.alternative.ac.nz/

Or contact us directly to discuss your planned submission on
editorsalternative.ac.nz <http://alternative.ac.nz/>

Please note: All submissions will be subject to our peer review process.
The Editors retain discretion at all stages of the publication process to
accept or reject an article.

http://linguistlist.org/issues/20/20-3757.html