U Hawaii Hilo College of Hawaiian Language receives international accreditation

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Wed Sep 9 14:29:17 UTC 2009

The University of Hawai'i Newsroom

UH Hilo College of Hawaiian Language receives international accreditation

Ka Haka 'Ula O Ke'elikolani College of Hawaiian Language at the University of Hawai`i at Hilo has been awarded full accreditation by the World Indigenous Nations Higher Education Consortium. The announcement was made last month at WINHEC's annual general meeting in Toronto, Canada.

"WINHEC's accreditation of Ka Haka 'Ula is a great honor," said Dr. Kalena Silva, director of the college.  "We are delighted that this organization with member nations from all over the world has so strongly affirmed the quality of our programs."

Full story:

http://www.hawaii.edu/news/article.php?aId=3081