Spanish struggles and teaching

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Mon Sep 21 15:06:27 UTC 2009

Dallas Morning News

Faith Davis Johnson: Spanish struggles and teaching

Before becoming a teacher, if asked how I felt about teaching children in a language other than English, I would have, with righteous, patriotic indignation, stated that not only should a child be taught in English, the law should make it so.

My world view has changed a lot since then, but nothing impacted me as much as my recent experience in the Summer Immersion Program at the Instituto Mexicano de Espanol y Cultura in Cuernavaca, Mexico.

Full story:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-johnson_19edi.State.Edition1.1d3467b.html