Prague: Language acquisition

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Mon Apr 5 20:55:59 UTC 2010

Prague Daily Monitor

Language acquisition

I spent a fair amount of time during Anna's toddler years obsessing over whether or not her language skills were progressing in both Czech and English. At almost three, Oliver is now past the age when Anna began to express herself fairly fluently in Czech, already being fluent in English. As with most aspects of raising a second child, my approach to language development this time around has been far more relaxed. Lack of extra time for worrying plus the experience of witnessing Anna's bilingual success has lead me to conclude: "No need to worry. He'll pick up Czech as soon as he starts school."

Full story:

http://praguemonitor.com/2010/04/02/language-acquisition