Institute for Teaching a Second Language for Business Communication

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Wed Apr 28 16:01:08 UTC 2010

Via AAAL...

Penn Lauder CIBER-housed at the Lauder Institute at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania-is proud to announce our Eighth Annual Summer Institute for Teaching a Second Language for Business Communication, June 21-25, 2010.  Designed primarily for secondary and post-secondary language educators, this program provides an overview of basic business concepts, combined with discussions of current issues in language-teaching methodology and curriculum design.

The institute is team-taught by Mr. Carlos Menendez, a Wharton/Lauder graduate, and Dr. Cheri Micheau of Penn's Graduate School of Education.  Participants work on group projects in which they design curriculum modules that apply the concepts addressed during the program.  After the Institute, participants receive a compilation of all the projects to enable them to adapt and use the modules in their own classroom situations.

The cost of the program is $450, which covers all program materials as well as breakfast and lunch each day.  Pennsylvania and New Jersey public school teachers are eligible to receive continuing education credit under Pennsylvania's Act 48 and NJPD.  We offer a 20% discount to participants who register with a colleague.

If you or your colleagues would like more information about the institute, please feel free to contact us at lauderciber at wharton.upenn.edu or visit our website at http://lauder.wharton.upenn.edu/ciber.

Register at: http://www.regonline.com/Checkin.asp?EventId=822170