CFP: Teaching and Learning Indigenous Languages of Latin America

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Mon Dec 20 14:36:02 UTC 2010

Via lgpolicy...

Dear Colleagues,

Symposium on Teaching and Learning Indigenous Languages of Latin America (STLILLA-2011), to be held at the University of Notre Dame, Oct 30-Nov 2, 2011. Please see our website: http://kellogg.nd.edu/STLILLA/

NEW SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 14, 2011.

We're very pleased that the first call for proposals for STLILLA 2011 resulted in more than 50 submissions from the US, Latin America and Europe.  Thanks to all who submitted proposals!

Since we also received multiple requests for extensions, the STLILLA 2011 organizing committee has decided to announce a second call for proposals: http://kellogg.nd.edu/projects/quechua/STLILLA/call.shtml

The deadline for this second round is Monday, February 14, 2011.  (Applicants in the first round can still expect to receive a decision by Jan 31.)

For more information, please visit our website: http://kellogg.nd.edu/STLILLA/

In the second round, priority will be given to topics/themes/languages that were less well represented in the first round selection.  Our top priority is to include indigenous scholars.

Funding decisions will be made separately.  (We regret that we are not able to fund scholars based at institutions in the US or Europe.)

We are seeking to expand the network of participating institutions that agree to send at least one participant from their institutions to the Symposium.  In addition, institutions that help fund travel costs of participants from Latin America will be listed as co-sponsors.

Please help us by distributing the second call for proposals to your networks and by encouraging your institution to participate.

Thank you and happy holidays!