CFP: Second Language Research Forum

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Thu Jan 21 17:48:53 UTC 2010

SLRF 2010 at University of Maryland
October 14-17, 2010

Call for proposals

Abstract Submission Deadline: May 1, 2010

The 2010 Second Language Research Forum will be held October 14-17 at the
Riggs Alumni Center of the University of Maryland. In concert with the theme
"Reconsidering SLA research: Dimensions and Directions", this year's SLRF
conference will bring together relevant theories and research methodology
from various disciplines that deepen our understanding of SLA and its
application to real world needs.

To this end, we are soliciting papers and posters that investigate SLA from
a variety of perspectives that add to our collective understanding of SLA in
theory, research, and practice. The submission of abstracts and the
refereeing process will be carried out through the SRLF 2010 web submission
system. Abstracts for all presentation formats should be submitted at:
http://www.webspace.umd.edu/SLRF2010/.

Abstracts will be considered in any area of L2 research including, but not
limited to:
        Formal approaches to SLA
        Cognitive approaches to SLA
        Socio-cultural approaches to SLA
        Neurocognitive approaches to SLA
        L2 psycholinguistics
        Instructional SLA, classroom research, and pedagogy
        L2 assessment and research methodology
        Bilingualism and heritage language acquisition

Proposals are invited for individual papers and posters. All abstracts for
papers and posters should be limited to 300 words.

Paper Presentations:
Paper presentations will be 20 minutes long, followed by a 10-minute
discussion period.

Poster Presentations:
Posters are intended for one-on-one discussion of research. Presenters with
work in progress are encouraged to consider submitting abstracts for poster
presentation.

Abstract Submission Deadline: May 1, 2010

Notification of Acceptance: July 1, 2010

SLRF 2010 Website: http://www.webspace.umd.edu/SLRF2010/

For more information please contact SLRF2010 at umd.edu