Study of Language Assessment Courses

Heejeong Jeong hjeong5 at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 20 14:09:36 UTC 2010

Dear all,

As a doctoral student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, I
am conducting my doctoral dissertation under the supervision of Professor
Fred Davidson, and I would like to invite you to participate in my research
project. The purpose of the study is to provide information to teacher
educators in language assessment to reflect the factors that most influence
teachers in developing assessment skills. It is important we hear the voices
of language teachers’ and instructors’ needs of assessment skills and
knowledge in developing these courses.

If you are a language teacher and have taken a Language
Assessment/Testing/Evaluation course or assessment related workshop you are
eligible for this study.

The survey can be found at:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/287646/language-assessment-teacher

If you are an instructor who has taught a language assessment course please
go to the following link.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/282990/language-assessment-courses

This survey will take approximately 15 minutes of your time and begins with
a consent form.

Please complete this survey by August 15, 2010.

If you have any questions about this project, you may contact me, Heejeong
Jeong (hjeong5 at illinois.edu) or Dr. Fred Davidson (fgd at illinois.edu).

We would be grateful if you could circulate this email to any language
teacher who might have taken a language assessment course or any professor
who might have taught a related course or workshop.

We look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Heejeong Jeong, Doctoral Candidate

and: