Singapore Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of Malay Language Programs

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Tue Jun 15 16:52:33 UTC 2010

GovMonitor

Singapore Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of Malay Language Programs

Speech by Mr Masagos Zulkifli BMM, Senior Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Home Affairs, at the 10th Anniversary of the Elective Malay for Secondary Schools (EMAS) and Malay Language Elective Programme (MLEP) at Tampines Junior College on Saturday, 12 Jun 2010.

Mr Mohamed Noh Daipi Centre Director Malay Language of Singapore and Assisstant Director Mother Tongue Languages Curriculum Planning & Development Division, MOE

Principals, Teachers, Students, Ladies and Gentlemen, Good Afternoon.

I will begin my speech in English before continuing it in Malay.

It gives me great pleasure to join you here this afternoon to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Elective Malay For Secondary Schools (EMAS) and Malay Language Elective Programme (MLEP). Both EMAS and MLEP have grown in leaps and bounds over these 10 years.

Full story:

http://www.thegovmonitor.com/world_news/asia/singapore-celebrates-10th-anniversary-of-malay-language-programs-33461.html