CFP: Symposium on Second Language Writing

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Mon Jun 28 23:18:39 UTC 2010

Via AAAL...

Symposium on Second Language Writing 2011
Writing for Scholarly Publication: Beyond "Publish or Perish"
Taipei, Taiwan
June 9-11, 2011

The 2011 Symposium Organizing Committee seeks proposals for 20-minute presentations that address various topics within the field of L2 writing--broadly defined. Any topic related to second language writing theory, research, or teaching is welcome; we especially welcome proposals that seek to challenge the status quo in the field by introducing new topics as well as new theoretical and methodological approaches.

As with all previous nine Symposium iterations, we are interested in L2 writing issues in any second or foreign language for any age groups in personal, academic, professional and civic contexts. Given the theme of the Symposium, we particularly encourage proposals that address the issue of writing for scholarly publication from a critical perspective.

To submit your proposal, please use the online proposal submission form available at http://sslw.asu.edu/2011/openconf/. Proposals must include both an abstract (limited to 300 words, including references) and a proposal summary (50 words).

Proposals must be received by 23:59:59 on October 15, 2010 (Taipei Time; GMT+08:00). Proposals will be peer reviewed by a panel of experts. Notification of acceptance will be sent out by around December 2010.

For more information about SSL 2011, please visit:

http://sslw.asu.edu/2011/

We look forward to receiving your proposal!

Paul Kei Matsuda and Tony Silva, Chairs
Yichun Liu and Yuching Jill Yang, Associate Chairs
Wu-chang Vincent Cheng and Chiou-lan Chern, Local Chairs

The announcement and call for proposals for SSLW 2011 are also available in PDF format at:
http://sslw.asu.edu/2011/SSLW2011FlyerA4.pdf