CFP: Conference on Applying (Putonghua/English) Language Arts

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Mon Feb 14 18:39:51 UTC 2011

http://www.engl.polyu.edu.hk/apela2011/call4paper.html

1st Conference on Applying (Putonghua/English) Language Arts

Hong Kong, June 4-5 2011

Call for Papers

The 1st Conference on Applying (Putonghua / English) Language Arts (APELA) invites papers exploring and rethinking these areas and relations, applications and interpretations in the contemporary context. We encourage papers adopting a variety of themes, perspectives, and approaches. We invite papers treating, but not limited to, the following topics:

* contributions of linguistics to the study of literature, and of literature to the study of linguistics

* language-arts-related academic and action research studies in areas such as literature, drama, popular culture, and the oral language arts

* specific methods relating to the delivery of language arts in the English Medium of Instruction classroom

* role-play, scenario and simulation in the classroom

* literature and language-related subjects raised by the use of playable media and applications as teaching tools, including interactivity, immersivity, ludology and narrativity in games, MMORPGs, cyberdrama, telephony and other playable media

* professional challenges and opportunities presented by the new Language Arts curricula and approaches