CFP: Association of Teacher Educators

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Mon Jun 6 20:53:07 UTC 2011

San Antonio 2012 Annual Meeting Call for Proposals

Deadline to submit proposals has been extended to June 15, 2011. Please read the information below and then click here <http://convention2.allacademic.com/one/ate/ate12/> :

http://www.ate1.org/pubs/2012_Annual_Meetin.cfm <http://www.ate1.org/pubs/2012_Annual_Meetin.cfm>

to go to ATE's online submission proposal site. Information for the" Cover Page" should be entered in spaces where indicated on the proposal submission website. Only the "Abstract of Presentation" (without proposal submitter identification) should be uploaded to the All Academic, Inc. site for review. http://www.ate1.org/pubs/2012_Annual_Meetin.cfm <http://www.ate1.org/pubs/2012_Annual_Meetin.cfm>

The 2012 Annual Meeting of the Association of Teacher Educators will be held in San Antonio, Texas, at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio on the Riverwalk. The theme selected by President Jim Alouf is Creating a Global Community of Learners: Guiding the Future of Education.

Conference Strands and Guiding Questions:

o       Teaching and Cultural Competence

a.      How do we model effective instructional practices that are grounded in current research and policy in our teacher education programs?

b.      How do we support a diverse community of learners in the K-16 setting while promoting social justice and making connections with instruction to families, culture, and community?

c.      How do we provide mentoring and support to novice teachers and novice teacher educators?

o       Scholarship and Professional Development

a.      How are we developing common frameworks and understandings of the knowledge of teaching and learning to teach?

b.      How are we facilitating research that is based on reflective teaching practice and the examination of beliefs that connect to practices in teaching?

c.      How are we effectively disseminating research findings to the broader teaching community?

o       Program Development and Collaboration

a.      How do cross-institutional and cross-university-school partnerships (K-12) inform the design, development, and modification of teacher education programs and curriculum?

b.      How are we using the ATE Teacher Educator Standards to develop models for professional development and accreditation?

c.      How are we providing leadership to the educational community in the incorporation of innovative practices?

o       Public Advocacy and the Teacher Education Profession

a.      How do we inform and educate those involved in establishing government policies and regulations that support and improve teaching and learning?

b.      How do we advocate for appropriate recruitment, mentoring, and retention of teachers for the public schools?

c.      How do we use research to inform and influence the public and policy makers concerning issues that impact teaching and teacher education?

o         Vision

a.      How do we embrace global issues within the new paradigms informing educational change?

b.      How do we envision the educational changes that will impact the future of teacher education?

c.      How do we use technology to create new and innovative practices for teaching and teacher education?