Online resource: Language policies around the world

David Balosa dbalosa1 at umbc.edu
Thu May 19 22:29:06 UTC 2011

Taalstudio - Maaike Verrips [info at taalstudio.nl]    Sent:  Wednesday, May
18, 2011 12:16 PM
   Dear colleagues and others with an interest in LADO,

Please find below the announcement of the launch of the official website
of the Language and Asylum Research Group.
We hope you will support this important initiative.

Sincerely,

Maaike Verrips
Managing Director

The convenors of Language and Asylum Research Group (LARG) are happy to
announce the launch of LARG's website:
http://www.essex.ac.uk/larg<https://exchange.lasalle.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=cdd475ef4aac4a08b2c380060b450e18&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.essex.ac.uk%2flarg>

LARG is a group of experts who share an interest in LADO (Language
Analysis for the Determination of Origin) as a research topic, from a
practitioner's point of view, or both.

The primary mission of LARG is to stimulate research, contribute to the
further development of guidelines, and promote best-practice for
practitioners working in this field, through exchange of informed views,
in the spirit of and extending the scope of the 2004 Guidelines for the
Use of Language Analysis in relation to Questions of National Origin in
Refugee Cases.

On LARG's website you will be able to read about language analysis in
asylum cases, keep up with research-in-progress, already published
research, relevant legal decisions, and much more.

Applications for LARG membership are welcome from academics,
practitioners, lawyers, qualified linguists, government representatives,
NGOs, and anyone else with an interest in responsible, valid and
scholarly practices in LADO. See
http://www.essex.ac.uk/larg/contact/<https://exchange.lasalle.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=cdd475ef4aac4a08b2c380060b450e18&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.essex.ac.uk%2flarg%2fcontact%2f>

We also welcome news about LADO activities, research, publications,
government policies and legal decisions, as well as links to relevant
websites. Our email address is <larg at essex.ac.uk>

Please forward this announcement to others interested in this area.

Thank you
Diana Eades and Peter Patrick, LARG Convenors.

--
De Taalstudio
P.O. Box 16584

www.taalstudio.nl<https://exchange.lasalle.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=cdd475ef4aac4a08b2c380060b450e18&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.taalstudio.nl>

phone    +31 20 5285077
fax      +31 20 3200687

--
De Taalstudio
P.O. Box 16584
1001 RB Amsterdam

www.taalstudio.nl<https://exchange.lasalle.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=cdd475ef4aac4a08b2c380060b450e18&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.taalstudio.nl>

phone    +31 20 5285077
fax      +31 20 3200687

           [image: Previous
Item]<https://exchange.lasalle.edu/owa/?ae=Item&t=IPM.Note&id=RgAAAAAC4hFqvrlcSoN2tMBP25MOBwD62Nxia87%2fS5d4ZWmDdprEAAAAABsIAAD62Nxia87%2fS5d4ZWmDdprEAKbDlQocAAAJ#>[image:
Next Item]<https://exchange.lasalle.edu/owa/?ae=Item&t=IPM.Note&id=RgAAAAAC4hFqvrlcSoN2tMBP25MOBwD62Nxia87%2fS5d4ZWmDdprEAAAAABsIAAD62Nxia87%2fS5d4ZWmDdprEAKbDlQocAAAJ#>

2011/5/16 Cynthia Groff <cgroff at alumni.upenn.edu>

> I just came across this website that some of you may not be aware of,
> providing information on the specific language situation and language
> policies of the 194 countries of the world. Also with some interesting
> ethnolinguistic maps. (Unfortunately only available in French.)
>
> http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/index.html
>

> <http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/index.html>
>
> *sur ce site portant sur l'aménagement linguistique et les langues dans le
> monde*
>
> Ces pages présentent les situations et politiques linguistiques
> particulières *de 383 États ou territoires<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/monde/index_alphabetique.htm>
> * répartis *dans les 194 pays<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/monde/index_alpha-PAYS.htm>
>  *(reconnus)* *du monde.* *
>
> L'internaute a le choix d'accéder aux *États, pays *ou* régions *en
> fonction des*continents*<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/monde/Index_continent.htm>,
> de l'*ordre alphabétique<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/monde/index_alphabetique.htm>
> * (tous les États ou territoires), de la ou des*langues officielles<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/monde/index_langues-off.htm>
> *, du *peuple* <http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/monde/index_peuples.htm>* *ou
> du *type de politique lin-guistique<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/monde/index_politique-lng.htm>
> * de chacun de ces États ayant adopté l'assimilation, la non-intervention,
> l'unilinguisme, le bilinguisme officiel, etc.
>
> On peut aussi chercher des informations à partir de *THÈMES* tels que la*
> Francophonie*<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/francophonie/francophonie.htm>,
> l'*histoire du français<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/francophonie/histlngfrn.htm>
> * (*ou de l'anglais*<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/monde/anglais.histoire.htm>),
> les *familles de langues<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/monde/familles.htm>
> *, les*langues du monde<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/Langues/acces_languesmonde.htm>
> * (dénombrement, distribution géogra-phique, bilinguisme, etc.), les*États
> non souverains <http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/EtatsNsouverains/acces.htm>
> *(Californie, Cap-Occidental, Catalogne, Crimée, Louisiane, Madère,
> Nouvelle-Calédonie, Pays basque, Pondichéry, Porto Rico, Québec, Südtirol,
> Tamil Nadu, Tessin, etc.), les *lois linguistiques<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/Langues/LOIS-LINGUISTIQUES-index.htm>
> * ainsi que les *constitutions<http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/Langues/CONSTITUTIONS-pays-langue.htm>
> * du monde.

> List Manager: Francis M. Hult