Sad News from Educational Linguistics at Penn

Barbara Warnock barbara at ihphilly.org
Wed Nov 16 16:38:11 UTC 2011

I am so saddened by this news.  Tere Pica was a professor of mine many
years ago at GSE and I had been in touch with her on and off again
throughout the years regarding current students, fieldwork and
internships.

>>From the start, Dr. Pica impressed me deeply not just for her
scholarship, her contributions to the field, and her inspired teaching,
but also for her sincerity and groundedness.  She maintained her warm
and welcoming manner and her interest in her students even as her renown
and her travels increased.

All my sympathies to the Ed Lx community and especially to those who
worked most closely with her as well as her current students!

Barbara Warnock
International House of Philadelphia