CFP: Asian Conference on Technology in the Classroom

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Fri Nov 9 16:35:00 UTC 2012

http://actc.iafor.org/index.html

The International Academic Forum in conjunction with its global partners is proud to announce the Third Annual Asian Conference on Technology in the Classroom, to be held from April 25-28 2013, at the Ramada Osaka, Osaka, Japan.

CONFERENCE THEME: "The Impact of Innovation: Technology and You"

Technology is all around us. Long gone are the days when we could just walk into a classroom with a handful of papers and a piece of chalk. Even if we are in an environment that is lacking resources, our students with mobile phones, internet café, and social networking, are exposed to technology daily. And new uses of technology are being introduced daily. These new uses show how innovation and creativity go hand-in-hand. We invite language educators, administrators, policy makers, and others to join us at ACTC2013 as we examine technology’s impact upon our classrooms, share what innovations we are currently implementing, and look to the future imagining the role technology will play in education.

ACTC 2013 will attract a diverse group of teachers, researchers, practitioners and scholars who are engaged in the singular goal of meeting students' educational needs, as students can learn about crucial issues and become familiar with web-based learning and the other information technology tools. The use of technology in the classroom represents a significant departure from traditional teaching methods, conducting research, assessing student performance and assurance of learning. Moreover, it creates a user friendly and economically viable environment conducive to learning in any corner in the world where access to technology exists.

Call For Papers - January 1 2013

Special Theme: "The Impact of Innovation: Technology and You"

The conference theme is "The Impact of Innovation: Technology and You" and the organizers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of disciplines and fields related to technology in the classroom, including the following streams:

Beyond Web 2.0
Computer Adaptive Testing
Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
Digital literacy
e-Assessment and new Assessment Theories and Methodologies
e-learning and collaborative learning
Education in a virtual world
Future Classrooms
Human computer interaction
Instructional Technology
Integrating e-learning in classroom based language teaching
Interactive Whiteboard technologies (Blackboard, WebCT, etc.)
Language Labs
Learning Systems Platforms
Mobile learning
Mobile technologies
Moodle and Classroom Teaching
Multimedia
New Technologies
Open and distance learning technologies
Social networking
Support Centers
Teaching online
Telecollaboration
Video Podcasting
Virtual and personal learning environments
Virtual Communities
Web 2.0 technologies in the classroom
Web-based Learning
Web-based Writing Education