Abstracts due DEC 23 for VIU's Conference on Language, Learning, and Culture

Rebecca Sachs rsachs at viu.edu
Mon Dec 16 19:29:16 UTC 2013

Dear Educational Linguists:

Just a friendly reminder from Virginia International University about our upcoming Conference on Language, Learning, and Culture!

The abstract submission deadline is just around the corner, on Monday, December 23, 2013. If you haven't done so already, please consider submitting a proposal!

We are honored to be hosting the following plenary speakers:

*         Dr. Terrence G. Wiley, President and CEO of the Center for Applied Linguistics, on the multilingual heritage and contemporary linguistic diversity of the U.S.

*         Dr. Shelley Wong, Professor at George Mason University and past TESOL President, on student advocacy and empowerment

*         Dr. Kenneth Petersen, Technical Director of Online Learning & Assessment for American Councils for International Education, on innovations in technology for the modern classroom

As described in more detail in our abstract submission guidelines<http://viu.edu/sed/about-school-of-education/cllc/abstract-guidelines.html>, conference strands include language learning, language pedagogy, program evaluation and policy, and language in society.

The conference will be held April 11-12, 2014, on VIU campus in Fairfax, Virginia. We're located just outside Washington, DC, and accessible via public transportation.

Please visit the conference website<http://viu.edu/sed/about-school-of-education/cllc.html> or email Kevin Martin, Director of the School of Education, at kevin at viu.edu<mailto:kevin at viu.edu>, for more information.

We hope to see you at VIU in April!

Thanks!
Rebecca

Rebecca Sachs, Ph.D.
Professor, TESOL
School of Education

Virginia International University
www.viu.edu<http://www.viu.edu/>
3957 Pender Drive
Fairfax, VA  22030
Tel:  (703) 591-1844, ext. 364
Fax:  (703) 591-7046
rsachs at viu.edu<mailto:rsachs at viu.edu>
@TESOLVIU<https://twitter.com/SEDatVIU>

[Description: Description: Description: Description: VIU Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fairfax-VA/Virginia-International-University/44385008182?v=wall&viewas=0>   [Description: Description: Description: Description: VIU twitter] <http://twitter.com/VAIntlUniversit>

"Let's Build the Future Together"
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including any attachments) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, you are not authorized to review, print, copy, disseminate, disclose or use this message, or otherwise take any action in reliance upon this message or its contents.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all copies thereof from your computer system (including servers, laptops, handheld devices and back-up systems).