English in Higher Ed

Curry, Mary Jane mjcurry at Warner.Rochester.edu
Fri Feb 15 11:15:03 UTC 2013

Theresa Lillis and I will be participating in this live chat hosted by the Guardian at 12-2 GST today-please join us!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/higher-education-network/2013/feb/13/english-language-international-higher-education

Mary Jane Curry, PhD
Associate Professor, Language Education
Director, Writing Support Services (https://www.warner.rochester.edu/students/academics/writing)
Margaret Warner Graduate School of Education & Human Development
PO Box 270425, LeChase Hall 474
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627
TEL 585.273.5934
FAX 585.473.7598
http://www.warner.rochester.edu/facultystaff/curry/

From: edling-bounces at bunner.geol.lu.se [mailto:edling-bounces at bunner.geol.lu.se] On Behalf Of Francis Hult
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 4:16 AM
To: edling at bunner.geol.lu.se
Subject: [Edling] Discussion: Bilingualism and Language Policy in the US

Thank you to David Balosa for making a thought-provoking post, to Myrna Goldstein for opening a lively discussion about it, and to all the list members who participated in the discussion.  It is wonderful to see the Edling List serve as a forum for scholarly conversation about current hot button issues in our field.  The generally civil and professional nature of the postings in this discussion is also much appreciated.

As list moderator, I will officially close the current discussion and, with the previous post, let David have the final thought on it.  Discussion about any topic related to educational linguistics is, of course, always welcome.  All list members are encouraged to post to the list books of interest, current events in language in education, calls for papers, or topics for discussion.

All the best,

Francis Hult

Manager, Edling List