TBLT and English for Specific Purposes (Engineering)

Farida Djaileb fdjaileb at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 14 21:29:50 UTC 2013

Hi how re you dear
I can just tell you tha i design my own progammes medicine computer Sciences biology military and electronics relying on the task based approach you can just read a little bit Prabhu 1978 to understand this method which is based on tasks that can be performed in the classroom and try to apply it in teaching grammar , vocabulary ....
design your own materials believe me
Dr Djaileb farida
University of Oran
Algeria

Francis,

What kind of engineering are you referring to and approximately what skill level? I have created some materials for electrical and maritime engineering at the Maritime college.

Jari J. Vesterinen, MA, C-TESL
Rauma, Finland

Does anyone know of either research sources or pedagogical materials related to task-based teaching and learning specifically with respect to English for engineers?