Reading list for PhD students in SLA/Ed Ling.

Antonio Martin Gomez martingo at purdue.edu
Thu Jul 25 15:21:17 UTC 2013

Hi again, Miriam!

It may only be a modest contribution, but I took a course on SLA on the Spring 2012, and we used the following texts, in order of importance:

* Ortega, L. (2009) Understanding second language acquisition. London: Hodder Education
* Mitchell, R. and Myles, F. (2004) Second language learning theories (2nd ed.) New York: Hodder Arnold
* Gass, S. m., and Selinker, L. (2008) Second language acquisition: an introductory course New York: Routledge
* Ellis, R. (2008) The study of second language acquisition (2nd ed.) Oxford: OUP

I hope they work! We're in touch, and have a good day!

Antonio Martín Gómez
Instructor of Spanish | Graduate Student
Department of Hispanic Studies | University of Kentucky