US: Idaho University To Offer Spanish For Health Care Degree

David Balosa dbalosa1 at umbc.edu
Mon Jul 29 12:45:26 UTC 2013

Thank you Francis,

Interesting to hear about academic programs and scholars that demonstrate
the awareness of the need of our society and striving for social justice!

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Francis Hult
<francis.hult at englund.lu.se>wrote:

>  Fox News
>

> Idaho University To Offer Spanish For Health Care Degree
>

> Idaho State University in Pocatello is offering a degree in Spanish for
> Health Professions starting this fall.
>

> Helen Tarp is director of the new program and an associate professor of
> Spanish at ISU. She says she was unable to find a similar program anywhere
> in the country.
>

> Full story:
>
> http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/health/2013/07/26/idaho-university-to-offer-spanish-for-health-care-degree/?cmpid=GoogleNewsEditorsPicks&google_editors_picks=true

*David M. Balosa*
*Doctoral Student, PhD Program in Language, Literacy and Culture (LLC)*

Interculturalists GSO President 2012-2013
Member of International Academy for Intercultural Research (IAIR)
*University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
**1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250*

The world would be a better place if we all strive for 'intercultural
justice'.