Call for raters

Myrna Goldstein myrnaenglishfile at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 13:28:50 UTC 2013

Hello Dr. Bulatovic,

I haven't heard from you. Have you already found the kind of linguists
you're looking for?

Cordially,

Myrna Goldstein
Eilat, Israel
00972 (0)53 5255360
Skype: myinmi
e: myrnaenglishfile at gmail.com

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Bulatovic, S.
<s.bulatovic at student.rug.nl>wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am writing to ask if it would be possible to post the following
> announcement to the Edling-L:
>
> A research group at VU University Amsterdam is looking for highly
> proficient native and non-native English speakers to assist as raters in a
> research project on assessing English language writing proficiency.
> Candidates should hold an advanced degree in English, applied linguistics
> or a related field and have 3+ years of experience in teaching or assessing
> writing skills at a higher level. Familiarity with the Common European
> Framework of Reference (CEFR) is an asset, but not a requirement.
>
> The successful candidates will be expected to be available immediately for
> a short-term contract. Selected applicants will be trained to evaluate and
> rate academic essays in accordance with clearly defined criteria. Financial
> compensation is available and commensurate with qualifications.
>
> Interested candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter demonstrating
> his/her interest in the project and qualifications for the position by
> email to VUWritingAssessment at gmail.com before 15 October 2013.
>
> --
>
> Thank you for any help you can provide.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Stefan Bulatovic

Myrna Goldstein, B.S.J., MATESL
Founder, Director
Are You in Your English File?®
Second Language Learning Research Center
Eilat, Israel, formerly of Milan, Italy
e:  myrnaenglishfile at gmail.com
Skype:  myinmi