'Call for Participation' - Symposium HLT4LL: Human Language Technologies for Language Learning
w.strik at let.ru.nl
Sun Oct 27 12:40:58 UTC 2013
Dear Madam, Sir,
Could you please include the 'Call for Participation' for the Symposium
HLT4LL in the ext Edling Digest?
Thanks in advance.
Call for Participation
Symposium "Human Language Technology for Language Learning" (HLT4LL)
Stellenbosch (South Africa), Kortrijk (Belgium), and Nijmegen (The
11-12 November 2013
On 11 November one can only participate in Stellenbosch.
On 12 November one can also participate in Nijmegen and Kortrijk by
means of videoconferencing.
Registration and participation are free of charge.
However, only a limited number of attendees can be accommodated, so
please register as soon as possible.
If you want to register please fill in the form at http://goo.gl/MZr0su
We are greatly honoured to announce that an excellent panel of
internationally renowned keynote speakers will be giving talks on the
Monday 11 November (Intended for a broad audience):
* Nick C. Ellis (University of Michigan): 8 Principles that make for
good Second Language Acquisition
* Piet Desmet (University of Leuven): NLP-enhanced CALL: challenges and
* Helmer Strik (Radboud University Nijmegen): ASR-enabled CALL:
state-of-the-art and future
Tuesday 12 November (workshop for researchers):
* Mathias Schulze (University of Waterloo): Human Language Technology
and Tutorial CALL-The Odd Couple?
* John Nerbonne (University of Groningen): A CALL program for
* Maxine Eskenazi (Carnegie Mellon University): Spoken dialog systems
* Isabel Trancoso (INESC-ID Lisbon): HLT4LL in Portuguese
For more information see
Edling mailing list
Edling at bunner.geol.lu.se
More information about the Edling