ISLS Conference in 2014

Kathlee Lee leekat at gse.upenn.edu
Sun Sep 15 01:46:21 UTC 2013

From: International Society for Language Studies <conf2014 at isls.co>
Date: Friday, September 13, 2013 1:33 AM
To: Ryuko Kubota <ryuko.kubota at ubc.ca>
Subject: ISLS Conference in 2014

Dear Colleagues,
     The International Society for Language Studies, co-sponsored by Akita
International University, is pleased to announce that we will hold a
conference from June 13-15, 2014 at Akita International University, in
Akita, Japan. The theme of the conference will be “A Critical Examination
of Language and Society.” Submissions in any discipline that relate to the
theme are welcomed. The proposal submission system is open and
will conclude on November 30, 2013. Submissions will not be accepted after
the November 30th deadline. Notification of proposal acceptance or
rejection will be sent in early December 2013. Selected conference papers
will be published by ISLS in Readings in Language Studies, a peer-reviewed
book series, in 2015. For more information about the conference and
submitting a proposal, visit the conference webpage at:
http://www.isls.co/index-2.html<https://mail.aiu.ac.jp/wm/mail/fetch.html?urlid=11bfced2a4b283e943dd983f46a6fc382&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.isls.co%2Findex-2.html>
 .
     We are also looking for volunteers to review proposals. To volunteer
to review, please log into the mainISLS page  <http://www.isls.co/> and
scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see "Proposal Review" on
the right-hand side of the "Proposal Submissions" box.
     Inquiries regarding proposals or volunteering as a reviewer should be
sent to the conference chairs, Paul Chamness Miller and Hidehiro Endo, at
conf2014 at isls.co .

Best,

Paul and Hiro