The online language learning challenge

ann gavriel sense07 at waitrose.com
Sat Apr 5 18:30:22 UTC 2014

Tommy,
You have the insight and deep grasp of language-culture interface etc.  You
therefore understand the limitations of online language learning.  I  began
learning Spanish in an evening class- it was such a blessing because every
member of that class - 18 people - was a learning and teaching asset to
themselves and to their classmates.  Language learning is about feeling
happy that 'they' (whoever they are) understand, respond, speak back to
you.. To feel successful in the first faltering steps.  We need
interpersonal reassurance in the flesh.. to see the sudden joy when a person
communicates, and to feel that yourself.  Is that possible online.... Like
you, I wait to hear how it 'feels' and how successful...
Ann S. Gavriel
Norwich, UK

  _____