NYSABE 2014 Conference-Registration Deadline: February 14th 2014

Bahar Otcu-Grillman bahar.otcu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 02:10:16 UTC 2014

NYSABE invites you to attend its 37th Annual Conference

The New York State Association for Bilingual Education (NYSABE) invites you
to attend its 37th Annual Conference which will be held on

March 6th-8th, 2014

LaGuardia Airport Marriott Hotel

102-05 Ditmars Boulevard, East Elmhurst, New York 11369.

This year´s conference, whose theme is Educating Our Next Generation of
Biliterate Citizens, will celebrate the New York State’s Seal of Biliteracy
and will honor our students’ efforts in becoming biliterate. The conference
will also offer participants a variety of major sessions and special
presentations where teachers, support personnel, parents, and educational
leaders will engage in exploring varied research-based optimum educational
practices and methodologies to ensure the achievement of biliteracy skills,
academic success as well as college and career readiness among English
language learners (ELLs)/bilingual learners. Topics for all presentations
will be connected to current issues such as the Common Core Standards for
ELLs/bilingual learners, data driven instruction, Bilingual Education for
early childhood/preschool children, and instructional leadership for quality
Bilingual Education programs.

Please be aware that conference registration must be done electronically at
 <http://nysabe.net/conference/?page_id=483>
http://nysabe.net/conference/?page_id=483 .

For additional information regarding registration, please contact
María-Angélica Meyer at  <mailto:mariameyer03 at gmail.com>
mariameyer03 at gmail.com

Registration Deadline: February 14, 2014.

Attached please find our conference packet that provides details about the
conference’s events and guest speakers.

Also attached is the latest issue of Bilingual Times, NYSABE's newsletter.
Please feel free to share with your colleagues.

Thank you for reiterating your commitment to quality education for
ELLs/bilingual learners.  We look forward to meeting  you at the Conference!

Bahar Otcu-Grillman, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor, TESOL/Bilingual Education
Mercy College Manhattan Campus
66 West 35th Street, Room 727
New York, NY 10001
Office: 212-615-3367