NYSABE Conference/Registration Deadline: February 14, 2014

Bahar Otcu-Grillman bahar.otcu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 05:50:01 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues, it'd be great to see you all in NYSABE's conference this
year. Please feel free to share the attachment with interested parties.
Thank you . Bahar

NYSABE invites you to attend its 37th Annual Conference

You are invited to attend NYSABE’s 37th Annual Conference which will be held
on

March 6th-8th, 2014

LaGuardia Airport Marriott Hotel

102-05 Ditmars Boulevard, East Elmhurst, New York 11369

You are invited to:

Attend major sessions featuring distinguished educational leaders:

Diane August

José Luis Alvarado

Nancy Cloud

Jesse Mojica

Pedro A. Noguera

Participate in exciting presentations offered by outstanding speakers at the
Teacher’s Institute, Bilingual Education Institute, Special Education
Institute, and the Early Childhood Strand:

Ivannia Soto

Patricia Velasco

Linda Rosa Lugo

Su-Je Cho

Estee López

Meet parents of bilingual learners at the Parent Institute

Participate in a variety of workshops related to pedagogical best practices
in Bilingual Education

Attend the Leadership Forum featuring the author of Improbable Scholars: The
rebirth of a great American school system and A Strategy for America’s
schools

David L. Kirp

Participate in the Interactive Dialogue with NYS Legislators moderated by

Assemblywoman Carmen Arroyo

You must not miss the Conversation with Carmen Fariña and David Kirp at the
Leadership Luncheon

Come and meet our distinguished guests:

Betty Rosa, Regent, Judicial District XII, Bronx

John B. King Jr., Education Commissioner

Angélica Infante Green

Associate Commissioner for Bilingual Education and Foreign Language Studies,
NYSED

James DeLorenzo

Associate Commissioner, Office of Special Education, NYSED

Meet the leaders at the New York City Department of Education:

Carmen Fariña, Chancellor

Ursulina Ramírez, Chief of Staff

Corinne Rello-Anselmi, Deputy Chancellor

Division of Students with Disabilities and English Language Learners

Claudia Aguirre, Chief Executive Officer

Office of English Language Learners

Enjoy the opportunity to meet NYSABE’s Past Presidents and the current
association’s leadership

Come to our conference and celebrate the accomplishments of bilingual
students and educators by participating in the awards ceremonies. Enjoy the
students’ performances and have a great time at the President’s Reception
and Gala Banquet.

Meet new friends, network with educators at all levels! You will feel
enriched and energized after attending the 2014 NYSABE Conference!

Visit numerous publishers’ stands and review the most enriching materials
for your bilingual classroom.

Excited about attending our conference? Please register now!

Please be aware that conference registration must be done electronically at
 <http://nysabe.net/conference/?page_id=483>
http://nysabe.net/conference/?page_id=483 .For additional information,
please contact María-Angélica Meyer at  <mailto:mariameyer03 at gmail.com>
mariameyer03 at gmail.com

Please be informed that all ticketed events are available on a first-come,
first-serve basis.

Online Registration Deadline: February 14, 2014.

Attached please find our conference packet that provides details about the
conference’s events and guest speakers.

Thank you for reiterating your commitment to quality education for
ELLs/bilingual learners.  We look forward to meeting you at the Conference!

Yazmín Torres
Nancy Villarreal de Adler

President 2013-2014
Executive Director