Linguistics in Education

Alex Baratta alexbaratta at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 16:59:52 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'd love to be involved with this. One implication of this subject, as the website states, is that it requires a more grounded knowledge of syntax on the part of the teachers. I'm not suggesting they don't have this knowledge of course, but that it might represent knowledge not previously required for younger students. However, it is needed, as there are of course nouns/verbs which are more prototypical than others and for whom traditional definitions don't always fit. I'm happy to work on a collaborative project in any way I can, as educational linguistics is an area I'm involved with.

Best,

Alex