The Learning Revolution: It=?windows-1252?Q?=92s_?=Not About Education

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Tue Jan 14 10:19:43 UTC 2014

Wired

The Learning Revolution: It’s Not About Education

More and more people are using new technologies for self teaching. Let’s look at language learning for example. Over 100 million people all over the world are learning languages online today (1) — and only a fraction of them would ever have considered using traditional learning materials or courses to do so. As a part of my research, I have personally talked to some of them: It would never have occurred to the nurse in Louisville to buy a textbook or an expensive CD to learn a language — but now, she’s studying German on her tablet after her shift.

Full story:
http://www.wired.com/insights/2014/01/learning-revolution-education/