CFP: Generative Approaches to Second Language Acquisition Conference

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Wed Oct 8 07:11:02 UTC 2014

From: gasla at indiana.edu<mailto:gasla at indiana.edu>

Dear Colleagues,
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the 13th Generative Approaches to Second Language Acquisition Conference to be held on March 4-6 at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN. We aim to bring together a wide variety of researchers working on the nature, use, and development of interlanguage in all contexts of bilingual and multilingual acquisition, show the latest developments in each sub-field, and stimulate further interaction between researchers. GASLA usually attracts a large number of researchers in the field, and we hope to continue that tradition this coming year.
We have opened the webpage for abstract submission (deadline: Friday, October 31st) and will soon open the page for registration. As is tradition, contributions will be published in a special volume of GASLA proceedings.
Submissions are invited in any sub-area of linguistics (syntax, phonology, semantics, etc.) that addresses the process of second language acquisition: the psycholinguistic mechanisms that drive it, the nature of developmental stages, the nature of triggers, or the role of second language input in inducing the development of interlanguage grammars, among other topics.
General conference information is available at: http://www.iub.edu/~gasla/
Please send questions about abstract submission to gasla at indiana.edu<mailto:gasla at indiana.edu>

We are looking forward to seeing you in Bloomington!

On behalf of the GASLA 2015 Committee

                                                        The 13th Edition of Generative Approaches to Second Language Acquisition

                                                                                                                    MARCH 4-6, 2014

Keynote Speaker: Rex. A. Sprouse (Professor, Indiana University)
    “Interlanguage Production, Intuition, and Processing: What Are Generative Models Models Of?”

Invited Speakers:

•                     Alison Gabriele (Associate Professor, University of Kansas) “Reexamining Transfer”

•         Tania Ionin (Associate Professor, University of Illinois) “Syntax/semantics mappings in second language acquisition: focus on the nominal domain”
•           Philippe Prévost (Professor, Université de Tours) “The relevance of repetition tasks for the identification of SLI in bilingual children”

Submissions of abstracts for 20-minute are now being accepted at Under “Abstract Submission” at: http://www.iub.edu/~gasla/
DEADLINE:  Please submit abstract by midnight, October 31, 2014.