CFP: An International Conference on Teaching and Learning English as an Additional Language

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Thu Oct 9 13:18:39 UTC 2014

http://www.globeltconference.com/

GlobELT 2015 Conference

An International Conference on Teaching and Learning English as an Additional Language

16-19 April 2015, Antalya - Turkey

Keynote Speakers:
Rod Ellis

David Newby

Gülcan Erçetin

We are proud to be organizing the first GlobELT: An international conference on teaching and learning English as an additional language in Antalya, Turkey on 16-19 April 2015. The conference is organised under the supervision of scholars from Hacettepe University, ELT Department in collaboration with INTESOL Turkey and Informascope.

The GlobELT conference aims to provide a large number of scholars and presenters with a friendly stimulating atmosphere where they can exchange ideas and get constructive feedback on their work.

The conference will be held at the beautiful Porto Bello Resort & Spa Hotel in Antalya, Turkey. We believe the venue and the timing of the event is as charming as the idea of sharing and disseminating our work. The conference hotel is a gorgeous five star luxurious resort, operating on an all inclusive basis for our presenters' joy and comfort. Antalya and the region should also be extremely pleasant and fragrant in this merry month of April. We believe our participants will be able to find plenty to do in their free times.

We have so far been fortunate to secure three important keynote speakers: Rod Ellis, David Newby, and Gülcan Erçetin, who are all prominent scholars in our field. We are also in touch with several other distinguished scholars in the field and hope to host them for the conference. Invited speakers, we believe, will turn the whole event into an inspiring experience. As well as our international keynote speakers, we also hope to host many local and international ELT researchers at our annual event. Proposals for presentations are invited on the following (but not limited to) themes:

Applied Linguistics and Language Education

Approaches and Methods in English Education

Culture and Literature in English Education

Early English Education

English as an International Language

English for Academic Purposes

English for Specific Purposes

English Language Curriculum and Teaching Materials

Intercultural Communication

Language and Peace Education

Language Learning and Acquisition

Language Policy

Language Testing and Evaluation

Life-long Language Learning

Distance Language Education

Multimedia and ICT in English Education

Teacher Training and Education

Translation Studies & Language Teaching

Types of Presentations

Participants are invited to submit abstracts of papers, workshops or posters to the conference program committee.

All types of presentations will be in English. Speakers can choose to do an oral presentation, a poster presentation, or an online presentation. For all types of proposals, speakers are expected to submit a structured abstract through our proposal submission system until January 5, 2015. All proposals will be blind-reviewed by at least two members of the editorial and advisory board for scope and quality.

Papers

Participants are kindly invited to give presentations on any of the themes listed above. The paper presenters are required to restrict their presentations to 15 minutes followed by 5 minutes for discussion and/or Q&A. Each session will last for a total of 20 minutes.

Workshops

Workshop sessions include active audience participation through experiencing and discussing tasks provided by the workshop facilitator. Workshop sessions will generally last for 30 minutes.

Posters and e-posters

Posters are invited on any of the themes listed above. Posters may be any size up to a maximum of A1 (594mm x 840mm) or equivalent made up of separate sheets.