Share your language skills: help us create a picture dictionary of Europe

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Fri Sep 26 20:52:18 UTC 2014

The Guardian

Share your language skills: help us create a picture dictionary of Europe

It’s European Day of Languages on Friday and to mark the occasion we’re asking our multilingual readers to help us compile a picture dictionary of Europe.

Europeans speak an eclectic mix of languages – there are 24 officially recognised languages within the European Union alone, while just over half of Europeans are able to hold a conversation in at least one additional language.

Full story:
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/sep/23/share-your-language-skills-help-us-create-a-picture-dictonary-of-europe