[Edling] Call for Submissions - Teaching and Learning for Glocal Interaction: Conceptual Shifts and Contextualized Practices

Ali Fuad Selvi afselvi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 10:07:21 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

We are writing to invite you to contribute a book chapter to our edited
volume entitled, *“Teaching and Learning for Glocal Interaction: Conceptual
Shifts and Contextualized Practices.”*

Our proposed book seeks to challenge the conceptual equation of ‘English
Language Teaching’ with ‘preparation for glocal interaction,’ in light of
the complexity of translinguistic and transcultural negotiations of meaning
in contexts around the world. This book will, as a result, explore
education for glocal interaction, beyond the confines of English education.

At present, we are soliciting two types of contributions:

(1) Inquiry problematizing and approaching contextual equations of ELT with
“preparation for glocal interaction,” for reasons concomitantly critical
and practical;
(2) Practice-centered accounts, from contexts around the globe, of the
negotiation and implementation of contextualized education for glocal
interaction.

The deadline for abstract submissions is *May 1, 2015*.  For further
details, we invite you to visit the following website:
https://glocalinteractioncfs.wordpress.com/

Best wishes,

*Ali Fuad Selvi, PhD*
Assistant Professor
Teaching English as a Foreign Language Program
Middle East Technical University, Northern Cyprus Campus
selvi at metu.edu.tr

*Nathanael Rudolph, PhD*
Assistant Professor
Department of English