[Edling] Biocultural Diversity Education Initiative

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Wed Apr 22 05:05:57 UTC 2015

Biocultural Diversity Education Initiative

Biocultural diversity is the true web of life. It’s the planetary network made up of the world’s languages, cultures, and ecosystems: the millions of species of plants and animals that have evolved on earth, and the thousands of human cultures and languages that have co-evolved with the natural environment. People are but a part of the web of life. But how many of us think of it this way? We tend to believe we’re separate from nature and dominant over it. This way of thinking is the main source of our global problems. We need a profound change in values, and it begins with young minds! We are linking up with schools to introduce the idea of biocultural diversity in the curriculum, and to foster students’ curiosity and caring for the diversity of life in nature and culture.

More information and materials:
http://www.terralingua.org/bcdeducation/