[Edling] Suggestions for reading list: Bilingual Development and Second Language Education in Early Childhood

Ersoy Erdemir ersoy.erdemir at boun.edu.tr
Thu Aug 20 10:39:27 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues;

I am in the process of designing a Master's level graduate course that
focuses on bilingual development in early childhood. The course will focus
on two major themes: (1) processes of child bilingual development, and (2)
second language and/or bilingual instruction in early childhood years.
Since our graduates mainly work in kindergarten classrooms, the course will
examine these issues from preschool years to early elementary grades.

I am currently gathering information by compiling readings, while at the
same time, seeking similar course syllabi. In particular, I am looking for
relevant textbooks and articles to cover during this 12-week course. I
would appreciate if you could share course syllabi, and/or list of
readings, textbooks, or articles you might have in mind.

Thanks for your help.

​Best,
​
​E​